Monday, December 4, 2006
Hey Tre`…look down here
So I’m feeling a little down (I won't go into details). Tre` has been doing well for himself. Little to no wheezing and coughing spells since the last week of November. He has been sleeping for most of the day so he’s probably going to try an all nighter.
Coffee Drinker

His gums have been so achy. He gnawed and his fist and fingers and anything else that he’s handed. Which brings me to my next dilemma; I have noticed that Tre` has a coordination problem that I didn’t realize until recently. Tre` was diagnosed with ROP and had laser eye surgery in both eyes. After every doctors visit, I was told that his eyes are “good” or “fine” However, while he’s gotten frustrated with his gums I try to keep him with his noonie STATS! While he’s demanding his noonie I took it upon myself to squeeze in a little therapy. So, I would give him his noonie in both or one hand and wait for him to put it in his mouth by himself. It went to his nose, in between his eyes, and his forehead and never his mouth. He would get SO upset and cry so I’d assist him. Then he’d accidentally pull it out his mouth or it would fall and again…he just couldn’t get it in his mouth. We did this about 10x and the results were the same. I gave him his pacifier and grabbed his favorite toy. I watched him trace it slowly. Left-check, right-check-up-check, down-BINGO. Once an item is below his nose he either doesn’t acknowledge it or he doesn’t see it. I’m going to do a few more trials then I’m calling his opthamologist.
Nerd
Well that’s it…for now.
posted by Tre's Mom @ 7:47 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates