Monday, December 22, 2008
Too Attached or Too Involved????
I have NO idea about the thoughts that cross peoples mind. Remember Tre` is supposed to get his leg braces, right? He was fitted for them at therapy (an actual building specializing in PT, ST, OT, etc.) It was done there because the tech makes his normal rounds in that facility. So, one of the nurses from his daycare accompanied him as per facility rules. There was no reason for us to be at the fitting since everything was discussed prior to.

Apparently, within the following days, the tech was placing his order and the nurse took it upon herself to order an army fatigue print. Army Fatigue? Seriously? I was so vexed; Victor had to talk to her. She said, she thought that they were cute and she’s seen him in army fatigue print before. OK…? I would have NEVER ordered army fatigue. It’s bad enough he has to wear the blasted things but now that are OUT THERE IN HE OPEN!!! I would have ordered black. At least black matches pretty much his whole wardrobe. I can’t see army fatigue with everything.

I swear when people make (or try to make) decisions for you it ticks me off. Unless asked, thy can keep their suggestions or recommendations. She drove me an hour pass crazy. It’s not like he gets more than one pair. He’s stuck with these until they are no longer needed, completed damaged, or he’s outgrown them. She didn't even have the respect to call and ask. I didn’t know he was placing the color order nor was I told.

Maaaaybe I’m overreacting. Maybe I’m not. When it comes to decisions about MY child, I take it to heart (friend, relative, nurse, or otherwise.) Remember he was in the hospital for so long and most of the time I was told when and what I can do. He’ll be 3 in January but it still strikes a nerve!

There will be more pictures to come. Santa…we’re going to have to try that again. Tre`….doesn’t’ care for the jolly man too much. He had an emotional breakdown. LOL
posted by Tre's Mom @ 12:00 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At December 22, 2008 at 3:14:00 PM EST, Blogger Neisha said…

    Okay, I didn't have the same exact experience as you had/have but I would be f**king LIVID if someone did that. How did she know that you wanted that in any shape fashion or form? You would think that they would have picked something neutral because he has to wear them often. Like what if you want to put him in a Suit. How the hell is it going to look with Army fatigue?

     
  • At January 2, 2009 at 11:28:00 PM EST, Blogger Misty said…

    Hey! I think those would become damaged VERY quickly if that happened to us! ;)

    Samantha doesn't like the Jolly old man either! lol

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates