Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Tonight's The Night, The Finish Line Is In Sight
Right now Tre` is having his decannulation trial. While setting up the appointment, a nurse explained everything in detail. Tre` was supposed to sleep capped for the first night and if he has a successful night he will be decannulated early in the morning.

Vic, Tre`, and I arrive at the hospital. We got into the room pretty quickly. I was feeling nervous because he was just getting over a cold, and I don't know if that will hinder his performance during the trial. The doctors and nurses arrive in his room, and tell us that they have to coordinate with the E.N.T. doctors because they have heard two different stories about what is supposed to go on tonight. We went over his history with the doctors. The last time he was admitted into the hospital, he was on so many meds, but now he is not. The P.I.C.U. doctors examined him and then went to talk to E.N.T.

So the E.N.T. doctor walks in and says, "Are we all ready for decanunulation?" Vic and I said yes, but there was something strange about the way he asked, so Vic ask when he was planning to pull the trach out. The doctor said right now, and the both of us almost passed out. We knew that he was being admitted for a decannulation, but it was just so sudden. We figured that we had another night before the big day. The doctor said that his results from the sleep study were so good, that they feel comfortable with decannulating right now.

He then proceeded to remove the trach and covered the stoma with guaze and tape. I can't remember the last time we saw Tre's neck without having to hold a trach in place. After the trach was removed, Tre` acted as if nothing had happened. His SATS were between 98 - 100 and he was not trying to go to sleep even though it was past his bedtime. All he wanted to do was play and flirt with the nurses. I hope that he can keep his SATS high all night and prove to them that he is ready to leave the trach behind him.

I'll give updates as we continue the trial.

If my font or color looks weird it's because I'm on another server. I would like to apologize if there are typos. I am soooo tired.
posted by Tre's Mom @ 11:26 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates