Wednesday, September 17, 2008
We're Getting More Help! Ya!
So I have been having issues with Tre’s PT with EI for some time now. He’s not progressing as much as he could. We have not received most of the resources he’s entitled to from Early Intervention. He has issues with his ankles while in a standing position. You think she’d recommend a pediatric orthopedic and explain the process of obtaining leg braces or other equipment he may need. No, she didn’t. Tre` should have a stander or a walker to aid him in his therapies. No such aids have been provided by her nor has she recommended a company and proper procedures to obtain one. It was getting frustrated. Tre` will b 3, January 6, not only will EI be discontinued but he has to be prepared for the school system. This process hasn’t been explained to me by EI. All of these issues are supposed to be handled or aided through EI. This clearly isn’t the case. EI is expected to help parents but it seems like I’m doing it all on my own. I’m tired and hurt. Tre` is finally crawling…well he’s been crawling but it had nothing to do with PT.

It’s hard to see him watching other kids running and playing while he’s incapable.
I contacted our insurance company and learned that outpatient therapy is covered. I also found a facility that specializes in children’s therapy. They provide physical therapy, speech therapy, feeding, and more. All we are responsible for is to get him evaluated and co-pays. After tons of research (including a walk through) Vic and I found the facility a sign of relief.

We had him evaluated by PT there and she spotted EVERYTHING I needed her to spot. I was totally impressed! She recommended something called a gait trainer AND pediatric orthopedic. I was even given information about an actual practice that’s good and willing to travel to me if needed! The PT was able to work with him for two hours. Just watching her work with him made me want to have a little premature celebration. I have never seen him climb up stairs. She worked with form stairs and was actually trying o do it himself. Note to self: purchase extra baby gates.

Right now we’re waiting for her complete evaluation and schedule to be mailed out so we can get the ball rolling. I’m so excited. Next step is to get him evaluated for other therapies as needed.

posted by Tre's Mom @ 12:23 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates