Wednesday, November 12, 2008
The Tortoise and the Hare
One night down and another to go! It's kind of weird seeing him without a trach. This morning was a bit of a scare. You see Tre` has had a cold since Thursday. No matter how many doctors or nurses we told it always sound as if it was new news. OK fine... So the nurse was alarmed by the amount of coughing, respiratory rate, chest retractions, and mucus. This is a typical (sick) Tre` but since they didn't know him, it was alarming. Their worries has (still does) have me worried. I was ready to hear, "we have to put the trach back in." I kept asking the same questions over and again. I'm not sure why but I'm guessing it was my nerves. Vic claimed I kept asking question that I knew the answer to. Uh huh whateva! LOL

The doctor came in late in the afternoon to inform us that she will discharge him in the morning. HELLO!!! Of course I had to inform her that his is suffering from a cold, his symptoms, and the fact that they sent cultures to the lab. I just wanted to make sure she felt as though he was ready...to go off in the world...without a trach. Anywho she said his numbers were optimal but they are good. If you think that gave me a sense of relief, think again. I have been so worried I can't think straight. If someone ask me a question, I would drift off to la-la land. Vic has been cool, calm, and collective.

Vic said he believes that he will start to thrive now since the trach is gone. I completely agree with him. Now there are other issues we can address and check off "the list." Tre` has come a long way.

  • This is the same child that the doctors (the pesky hare) didn't believe would survive his hue date (April 16, 2006.)
  • This is the same child that was deemed to be ventilator dependant for the rest of his life.
  • This is the same child that they thought would be a vegetable. He'd never walk, they said. He's never talk, they said. He'd never show emotions, they said. They didn't give him much hope.

While he's not walking (yet!), but we are working on that and his physical therapist believes he can do it. Tre` has inspired me so much, it's hard to explain. After witnessing everything this little child had to go through, I have a new appreciation for life and how blessed we are. He's a happy child. I don't know why but the boys laughs at everything. No matter how bad he is, he'd do something to make us laugh. Oh, and lets not forget that Tre` LOVES to talk. He goes on and on and on...but I appreciate that, too.

Miracles happen and prayer changes things!

Again, I will remind you that I am still not home so disregard any and all typos, please. This computer is evil! LOL


The tortoise and the hare Pictures, Images and Photos
posted by Tre's Mom @ 8:52 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates