Monday, December 18, 2006
How The Stress Stole Christmas
Last year around this time, the exterior of my house would be covered with bright white blinking lights, green garland, and big burgundy bows. Inside our home you’ll hear The Temptations Christmas playing loudly. In addition you’d find EVERY room; including the bathroom decorated with burgundy, gold, and some green.

Christmas LightsTangled Lights


Today, I walked around the house and I heard no Christmas music, no blinking lights, no puffy ribbons, no burgundy velvet bows, no gold trimmings, nothing. I wanted my son to really experience Christmas and what his mom and dad use to take the time to do together and create a masterpiece. Oh yes, I pride myself on how well our home looked for Christmas. To me, our home looked the best I’ve ever seen, INCLUDING in magazines. However, today I saw no happiness but emptiness.

Christmas time for me isn’t so much about the décor. It means so much more to me because it’s the birth of Christ my Savior. This is just a reminder to me how much stress we have been under. We haven’t had the time to set MORE time aside for ourselves.

Manger



Ok, I’m getting mushy again so this must mean it’s time for me to go.





posted by Tre's Mom @ 11:49 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At December 19, 2006 at 10:25:00 PM EST, Blogger ~k~ said…

    Gotta tell you that although my house is swathed in garland and the tree is twinkling, the fact remains that the remanants of this decorating has consumed every room! Not a single room has escaped without the obligatory box from which the beauteous decorations live in the rest of the year!

    Actually, as I read your post I recalled not so long ago you un-decorating! When was that? Back in May, maybe? Could be that the time it would have taken for you and hubby to remove the decorations is the time you will find to spend together...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates