Tuesday, January 30, 2007
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
I know that some of his nurses will be reading this but at this point…I just have to get this off my chest. Having a nurse in your home has its good and bad areas. It’s good because when you have an ill child at home that you can’t take to the grocery store with you, you’ll have a “babysitter.” You are also able to sleep at night. HOWEVER, it’s an invasion!

Having a stranger in your house means that she can see, smell, and hear everything that goes on in your household. There’s absolutely no privacy!!!
As a woman and a mother this has been very hard on me. I cannot stomach the fact that another woman is cradling, singing, and kissing my son. It sickens me that our time (mommy and child) is hindered by someone just sitting around watching or interrupting our precious time. While I’m sitting, talking, and holding Tre’; a nurse would put his/ her two cents in to the conversation. Aggravating.

One would think that I’m use to this because he’s spent so much time in the hospital. One can never be so wrong. In all actuality, it makes thing worse. I feel like I’m literally sharing my child. It’s hard to explain this but I feel as though nursing care takes away from my motherhood (womanhood.)
Pouty Nosy Neighbor Mommy & Baby
posted by Tre's Mom @ 11:50 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At January 30, 2007 at 10:26:00 PM EST, Blogger Lisa said…

    Oh, I can only imagine how much it would bother me to have a nurse always around. I'm such a private person, it would surely drive me crazy.

    And, Dwana, you know you are a great Mommy and the nurse is just that, a nurse!

     
  • At January 31, 2007 at 10:02:00 AM EST, Blogger ~k~ said…

    I can't completely understand your feelings but I can empathsize... I share my dd with her stepmother. Whenever she comes to get dd, it breaks my heart. I hate to hear SM say "I love you" to my baby :( I hate feeling that someday my baby will someday want to call that woman mommy or share some special bond with another "mother figure". My saving thought is that nobody can take my place as "mommy".

    That's as true for you as it is for me, Dwana. You'll always be your Bear's Mommy! I'm sorry you're feeling sad(?) about it. I know the feeling.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates