Monday, March 26, 2007
Mixed Emotions
I'm upset, I'm glad, I'm nervous!

It seems as though Tre` is getting sick. Ahhh!!! It started with diarrhea. His diet hadn't changed but I increased his water intake (via g-tube). Then as if his little bottom already had it's issue, he got his first diaper rash. This child of mine has NEVER had a diaper rash before so me being a first time mother I used every butt, bottom, cream or paste I can find. It's not getting better or worse, I think it's time to visit his pediatrician. Of course a diaper rash alone isn't emergent but he has also had increased secretions. They are white but thicker. In addition, he's been cranky! This can be from his teething but I'd rather play it safe. I want to at least talk to the doctor if a scheduled visit isn't made. I'd hate to have my child in the ill waiting room for his gums.


We're doing pretty good with his therapies. He's not walking, crawling, or enjoying tummy time but we are all pleased the therapy is more tolerable. He can sit up unsupported, reach for an object, copies me shaking my head "no" (which he loves), he's getting better at clapping his hands, and he takes up to 30mls (2 tablespoons) of baby food by mouth.


This week Tre` might have a trial "Sprint." I sprint can be described as number of hours on ventilator; ability to sprint off ventilator – length of time. I'm hoping he's well enough or not too sick to have this "trial." Daily, he seems to get better. Only time will tell. If he fails, that's okay. I'd know that he tired. I'm honestly a little ignorant of the entire process but I guess I'm just blinded by all the excitement.


2LovinParents2Tre

posted by Tre's Mom @ 10:27 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At March 28, 2007 at 2:05:00 PM EDT, Blogger Jessica said…

    Dwana~
    I hope Tre isn't getting too sick:( I am excited to hear about his "sprint" trial coming up! Does that mean they will try him of the vent and see how he does?

    Glad to hear you just have a little shorty there. I sometimes think these docs forget how short our little ones started out at birth! If you think of it that way they have probably grown lengthwise more than the average baby! lol

    Take care~
    BTW, love the pic of you and hubby:)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates