Thursday, March 29, 2007
a burst of speed at any point during a long race, as near the finish line.
The appointment started off on a bad foot. We were supposed to be there at 12:30. HOWEVER, we were running late as usual. I think we’ve made it to two doctor’s appointments on time since he’s been home in late October. It’s a matter of getting him, his equipment, and the two of us out the door. This can honestly take up to one hour. Even if we try to get there early, time is almost NEVER on our side.

Anyway, we got in the office at about 1 o’clock. The waiting area was barely empty but the wait was out of hand. We didn’t get to see the doctor until 3 o’clock. We went over the basic medication and follow up of his last visit. His pulmonologist went over sprinting and the steps leading up to sprinting. I had a better understanding but it started to seem as if he wouldn’t sprint so soon. He wanted to talk to his team and see what their opinions were. In about an hour the room was full with his team including the dietician.

The attending physician began to examine him while another attending spoke with me, and a fellow disconnected him from the vent. I said a little prayer while I’m trying to answer questions. Vic was on the same cloud as I was. I could tell that we were both pretty nervous but we held it together. While they all were looking at Tre’, there was a brief silence. Our attention went directly to the attending and fellow because they were having an inaudible “conversation” with one another. One would mumble and the other would smile. Then I heard, “He doesn’t even care.” Hand movements, mumbling, and smiles. Then the fellow asked me, “Well mom what do you think. “ I had no idea what they were talking about and I made that known. He said, “Well we’re going to BYPASS CPAP all together and sprint him off the vent for one half hour once per day. He might make more changes within days and then weekly. YAY! We couldn’t comprehend what they were talking about because we were more focused on Tre`.

I am so proud of Tre`. He did great. He weighs 25lb 2oz and 71.9 cm


I love my boys
Such a happy baby
posted by Tre's Mom @ 9:17 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates