Friday, June 8, 2007
Now that you are out of my life, I'm so much better
So, this is the thing. Bayada apparently got sick and tired of everyone questioning and requesting a schedule. Instead of them supplying, they put in a claim that “I” have been denying/ refusing nurses. It didn't take a genius to figure out the lie, though. Why would I be so desperate for a schedule that I'd notify his doctors and write a letter to the company, just to turn around and deny them? Sure having a nurse in your home isn't peaches and cream, but with Tre` being trached and vented, it's necessity. There's errands, Vic's job, and I am going back to school. How or why would I turn the only help I can get away, duh!!!

Basically, they are trying to save their behinds. From what, is a mystery. I'm not familiar with the laws in NJ that would/ should protect families like mine, and it's a shame. Whenever I start asking around, I'm advised to try to find nursing or a daycare that's equipped for my son. Urrrgh! I have a funny feeling about this. Why else would they tell such a weird like, like that? I have too much at stake NOT to have nurses. I even dealt with the wacko for as long as I could. Just doesn't add up.


They never completed the June 8th deadline, either. While talking on the phone with his pulmonologist, I missed a call from Bayada. It was the person responsible for this whole thing. The assistant that creates the schedules. I haven't spoken to her directly in MONTHS. She's always busy or conveniently steps out. Anyway, she left a message on my phone saying that she had a nurse for us and to call when I received the message. I call back, no answer. I called the following day and was utterly surprised that she answered. She said MNOP (the crazy wacko nurse) was just released from the hospital and she will work tonight. Then there was a pause. I'm almost certain that she wanted me to say, “Oh no, she just got out the hospital? No, no, she shouldn't work.” Riiight... I said, “Ok, what time should I expect her.” She choked and stuttered a, “huh?” LOL I repeated myself and she old me 11p to 7a. An actual surprise to me was when I called Vic, while I was on my way back home from K mart. It was around 10p. He said someone from Bayada called and said MNOP was just sent back to the hospital so she won't be in. I couldn't believe it.

So after talking to his pulmonologist about the situation, yet again. He personally informed me that we will have to put him in the hospital for a few days if there's no nursing or daycare. It's a shame I don't have the time to interview nursing agencies because where working on a wire, now. Having wacko made me A LOT more leery. So anyway, I'd have to see if they accept our insurance and/ or waiver and take them. This is soooo not fair. On top of that a lot of the agencies either don't service my area, don't have nurses experienced in trach care, or they don't accept the insurance programs. Urrrgh! I'm supposed to wait for a list after paperwork and/ or referrals are made. That takes how long???

Before I completely lost it I was introduced to a daycare they specializes in trached, tube feed, and disabled kids!!! Yaaaaay wooooohooo. They even have transportation if needed. This is JUST what we needed. I just have to make sure my classes won't run past 4pm. I hope I'm able to check them out today or Monday. From there, will be a home evaluation, standard paperwork, and he's in!!! His therapists can see him there, too. It's fairly new and spaces are already limited so we have to act quickly. That won't be a problem. As an added bonus: (drum roll) we won't need a nursing agency if he has day care. PLUS, he'll get to interact with other kids. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I love it. I'm sure his first day will be hard for me but this is just what the doctor ordered...literally.

It's been a rough week but things are starting to look up. Now I have Desiny's Child song in my head...and I'm loving it!
posted by Tre's Mom @ 2:23 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates