Tuesday, July 22, 2008
So You Think You Can Dance?

Tre` is what I like to call a pro crawler. LOL He finds a way to get into EVERYTHING that's not nailed down and even if it were he’d try to find a ways to get it free. He also “runs” from us when he’s in trouble, doesn’t want to do a task, or wants us to chase him. The kid is fast, too!

Vic and I feel that baby gates are long overdue…BTW no one told us that they were so expensive....thanks...seriously. If a door is opened he darts toward it. Don’t blink because you might miss him. I tell you, if his eyes are open I won’t trust him.

He also likes to dance. While mom is a huge fan of R&B and Pop fan, Tre` likes to dance to Rap, Mental, and Rock. Go Figure. The commercial on TV from Verizon with Kevin Garnet is his all-time favorite. The very moment the music starts his fingers goes up and he starts the boogie! He'd stop whatever he's doing (eating, playing, talking) just to dance. Once the music is over he'll return to what ever he was doing before. He's also a fan of the Early Edison commercial. He doesn't dance but he'll stop to watch America's 2nd worse commercial. He does acknowledge the worse of all time, though. Phew WTH is he doing with his foot in the being of that commercial!! Huh?!? JUST by the commercial alone. I would NEVER use their service.

(Back on subject, I just blacked out a little) So I’m having an issue with his PT (physical therapist) as well. Tre` uses W-sitting and while it’s improved she seems to make that her main focus. It wasn’t her that got him to crawl, either. It was between daycare, Vic (his dad), and myself. I’m not seeing enough results with EI these days. I don’t know if I’m just expecting too much or they really need to get the ball rolling. I’m not asking for Tre` to walk by the end of the week but make some attempts and give me a few pointers. I know it’s in him, we just need direction. This is so frustrating. Am I asking for too much or not enough?

For some time he was using a stander. It was provided (owned) by EI but used at home. One day the therapist recommended that she used the stander at daycare, since he was having his sessions there. That was almost six months ago. So initially, I though that he just wasn’t ready and THAT’S why there was no improvement….

Then one of the nurses asked, “Dwana is it okay if we use the stander here?” I was dumbfounded. I said, “Why wouldn’t you? It’s not there?” She said, “No it never was.”

Now I haven’t been in contact with EI for a month now. Why? Well we never get bills, just letters with a summary of visits that said, "This is not a bill". So we were suspended for nonpayment. This is the second time this had happened. Then by the time we get notice of suspension, he’s already suspended and the bill is 5 or $600. I don’t know about anyone else but I’d like to get the bill much sooner before it gets that high. Anyway, that’s another story.

ANYWHO, she has been so focused on one thing and I believe Tre` is suffering. I need to find out how to get his OWN stander and the proper steps that should be taken for it.

A few weeks ago he was at his cousins’ birthday party. He wanted to play with the other kids but it was in a park (dirt area) and they were running all over the place. I felt so bad that he was stuck with the adults being passed around. The kids wanted him to play different games but it just wasn’t happening. Why can’t we work on W-sitting and something else? Yeah…so he’s getting a new therapist…soon! I don’t have time for this.

posted by Tre's Mom @ 10:02 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At July 29, 2008 at 10:11:00 PM EDT, Blogger Misty said…

    Hey! Missed you! I hope you find a new therapist soon. That is one of the first things that the one EI group told us when they came to help samantha. If at any time you arent happy with our services, call EI back and they can even hook you up with a different company as there are many I guess that do EI. I hope they work with you also. I don't know how much EI helped with Samantha and things, even the last speech teacher said last year that she thinks it's more me than her b/c she hasn't been there much, missed appts for one reason or another or us missing, etc...Anyway, hope you get things straightened out!

     
  • At July 29, 2008 at 10:52:00 PM EDT, Blogger kim said…

    Hey!

    Oddly (or not so oddly) I had the same experience with EI last summer. It took 4 weeks to clear up. It's a crazy system in NJ, huh? Sigh.

    Anyway, email me about the sitting thing. Sarah had a similar problem and I got her to finally start sitting cross-legged in just a week or two. Just took some finger games and patty cake ONLY when she was in the right position. It's not very comfortable for them at first because it's new and a much more unstable feeling position but if you can find the motivation, it may work. She's only been secure enough to sit like that for a few weeks, though.

    Glad to hear how well Tre's operation went!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me


Name: Tre's Mom
Home: The Jersey Shore, New Jersey, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Tre's Friends
Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates